Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What is it?

 

antique punch bowl

Look at this item I recently purchased at a charity thrift store.

I liked it immediately.  It was nestled in amongst the old silver, but it is made out of chrome with acrylic hardware.

 

It is 14” tall.

 

It looks a little art deco, a little futuristic.  By the way,

that is a ladle coming out of the top.

 

This was located in what I call a “high end” charity thrift store.  

Usually, in this particular store,

if I don’t know what the item is, 

I can pretty much rely on what the label says.

It said “Punch Bowl”.

SOLD!

 

But you know me.  Or don’t you?

I love to repurpose things.

antique punch bowl on little table

 

I like to keep it on the itty bitty table in the corner of my breakfast room.

It makes a great dispenser for the kids.

They love to sit here and look out the window and

partake of the various treats.

 

antique punch bowl ladel with cheerios

Cheerios, anyone?

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow! I'm with you. Would have snatched it up in a second. Punch bowl still has me a little "off". For whatever reason, I'm seeing chocolate. And you know that would be amazing with the cheerios! ~Mindy

trash talk said...

I think it's a lovely Cheerio dispenser! Are there any markings on the bottom as to the maker. For some reason, it has a hotel restaurant look to it. Perhaps it was for punch or maybe soup?
I'd a bought it too...in a heartbeat!
Debbie

Tanya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanya said...

Yes, it was a dreaded typo that caused the removal...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - the elusive, vintage Cheerio dispenser - I've only heard tell of them, and now Ive seen it with my own eyes. It's great, whatever it is - SCORE! Happy Thursday - Tanya

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...Ihave never seen a punch bowl like that....LOVE IT!!!! and love your cleverness in the new use of it!! Awesomeness!!! Love your blog AND I'm your newest follower!!! I found you through the Texas Blogging Gals page and hope you will pop over and visit often!! :)

Gypsy Heart said...

What a great find! I was thinking chocolate perhaps but cheerios? Fab ~ :-)

Wasn't it great to see the sunshine yesterday?

Pat